Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sweaty Betty Blonde


Today, I took my cruiser for a spin in the hot summer sun. When I returned home, sweat on my brow, I began to crave a Sweaty Betty Blonde from Boulder Beer Company!

Sweaty Betty Blonde
Boulder Brewing Company originally released this Bavarian style pale wheat ale in 2004, in a 22 ounce bomber. After receiving rave reviews they decided to move Betty into a six pack, year round!

Beer Information
5.2% Alcohol by Volume
Hops: Hallertau
Style: Bavarian Wheat Ale
Boulder Beer Company’s word on the matter (per the beer bottle label): “Irresistible. Flirtatious. Aromatic. Soft. Supple. Unavoidable.  Smooth. Exuberant. Glistening. Wild. Firm. Rare. Succulent.  Luscious. Ripe. Natural. Glowing. Curvaceous. Magical. Wheat… and the 5th release in our Looking Glass Series of beers.”

My Experience
Sweaty Betty is a light bodied refreshing blonde that exudes notes of banana, clove and lemon. Although it is a Bavarian style pale wheat, it has similiarities to a hefeweizen. Hefeweizens also often contain notes of banana and clove.

In addition to the pleasing taste I also love the adjectives Boulder Beer uses to describe their lovely, luscious, flirty beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment